Thursday 26 April 2012

Salute 2012

Not a title I thought I'd post, living as I do some 10,000 miles from the UK's largest wargames event. Needless to say, I didn't attend this year. Indeed I haven't attended for several years, although I did from time to time when I lived in sunny Staines.

So why am I posting about Salute?

Well, lots of people have blogged about their personal Salute experience and favourite games, but they haven't shown everything. You can find those posts by clicking on my profile and trawling through the various blogs I follow. Or use Google. The first way's more fun, though.

However I knew that there was a South American Liberation game running this year (Ayacucho, 1824) and really wanted to see pictures. But none of my regular blogs mentioned it. So I resorted to Google, and found what I was looking for.

Here's a specific post on the game from History in 1/72.

But, even better, here's photos showing just about every game and trade stand at Salute 2012:

Page One
Page Two
Page Three

There's some real gems in there. Aside from more pictures of the Ayacucho game I was pleased to see a battle from the delightfully obscure Sonderbund War of 1847, as well as what seems to be a fusion of the classic board game 'Thunder Road' with Captain Scarlet. The giant monster game looked fun (and the photos seem to include a shot of the rules used) and I was thrilled to see my old club, The Staines Wargamers, featured as well; theirs is the Pear Harbour game.

So, for those of you who, like me, couldn't make Salute, trawl through the pictures and see what you were missing.

1 comment:

  1. The Salute 2012 pictures were great but I found the "History in 1/72" website a real treat - truly marvelous coverage of the Ayacucho display. The old plastics look absolutely terrific and the more I read the more interesting I find the wars of liberation theme. I wonder if I can paint all those unused 15mm Russians into something South American?...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...