Tuesday 24 December 2013

Lego Micro-Military

Over the last couple of days I've been looking for some inspiration for small-scale Lego builds, for a challenge in one of the many, many Lego groups on Flickr. I was going back through some of the things I'd done in the past, and came across my micro-military models from a couple of years ago. I thought that it might be fun to share them here. The pictures link through to the original images on Flickr.

I started of with this - a Generic Two-Seater Biplane
Biplane

But the basic design got me thinking, and over the next couple of weeks I came up with variants. Here they are.

Heinkel He 111
Heinkel He 111

Messerschmitt Bf 109
Messerschmitt Bf 109

Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch

Heinkel He 162 ''Volksjäger'
Heinkel He 162 'Volksjäger'

Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet
Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet (Front)

Flettner Fl 282 'Kolibri'
Flettner Fl 282 'Kolibri'

And I even managed something that wasn't a WWII German aircraft. This is one of my favourite Lego builds ever - despite being about fourteen bricks in total.

Renault FT-17
Renault FT-17 - Rear



4 comments:

  1. Intersting and unusual !
    that's the Lego's Magic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic! That really reminded me. Back in the day when they didn't have any of the modern "special" pieces, we used to make battleships, aircraft carriers, and little aircraft to fight Pacific theater style games. Thanks for jogging the old memories!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...